Everyday is a fashion show, the world is your runway!
Here comes the first elimination round of Miss TGPC 2017! In this round, the contestants were asked to dress up themselves in any attire that represents their culture/ethnicity and shoot a catwalk video. The choice of dress is not important, the judges will score based on how well each contestant carries what she is wearing. Only 12 of the 15 contestants will go further after this round.
Without wasting much time, let us have a look at the video compilation of the contestants’ performances.
Esteemed Panel of Judges
The judges of the Ethnic wear competition are as follows.
- Melvyn Dominic Noronha – Melvyn works with Femina Miss India as the designer of national costumes. He is also a singer, an artist and a pageant coach.
- Rewati Chhetri – Rewati is the first ever winner of Senorita India pageant. She represented India at Miss International 2016 in Japan.
- Pooja Priyanka – Pooja is the winner of Miss World Fiji 2016 title. She represented Fiji at Miss World 2016 pageant in the USA.
- Swati Nanda – Swati is a popular model and Television actress. Her journey to success begun with winning TGPC People’s Choice award in Indian Princess 2014. She also represented India at Top Model of the World 2014.
- Rajkanya Baruah – Rajkanya is the winner of Femina Miss India Kolkata 2016 title. She was also a judge in Miss TGPC 2016 pageant.
Our sponsor ‘Sumit Fashion’ will pick the winner for the title ‘Sumit Fashion Miss Elegance’. The lucky lady will get a gift hamper from Sumit Fashions!
Can you guess the names of the 3 contestants who will leave us by the end of this week? Let us know in comments. We told you, now the competition gains pace and will be super exciting. 😀
- Episode 6, Ethnic Wear Competition – Elite Panel (8/03/2017, 8 PM) – The Top choice of the Elite Panel (Premium members of The Great Pageant Community – Group) gets direct entry to the Style Icon competition.
- Episode 7, Ethnic Wear Competition – Judges’ Verdict (10/03/2017, 8 PM) – The scoring by the esteemed panel of judges shall be revealed and combined average scores will determine the first eliminations of the competition.
- Episode 8, Style Icon Competition – Video (12/03/2017, 8 PM) – The Top 12 contestants compete in Style Icon competition, thus commencing the Style Icon week which will determine Top 9.
See you this Wednesday in Episode 6!