The 65th Miss Universe pageant is currently underway in the Philippines. 86 contestants from around the world are touring across the Pearl of the Orient. The people & the government of the Philippines have been wonderful and gracious hosts. We are sure the girls are having times of their lives there! Less than 12 days remain for Pia Wurtzbach to pass on the baton to her successor. The pageant has crossed its halfway mark and we can see new front-runners emerging where as many initial contenders have slowly started to fade away.
Here’s presenting TGPCs Miss Universe Hot Picks. These are the girls who we feel are currently leading the pack we are expecting the list to change drastically post prelims.
- Nicaragua’s Marina Jacoby is one of the most featured contestants on the Miss Universe social media handles. Marina is a successful model in her country, she looked like a royalty in a simple cream color terno which shows she can look good in literally anything. Marina’s win will be a great boost for pageantry in her country.
- Ukraine’s Alena Spodynyuk is the face of the pageant. Just based on her beauty alone, she can manage to win the whole pageant. Crown for Europe is long overdue and the wait for it might just get over this year.
- Australia is a powerhouse at Miss Universe and they never fail to send a crown contender. Many bookies are betting high on Miss Caris Tiivel so her win won’t come as a surprise.
- Mariam Habach of Venezuela won the Flawless of the Universe (best body award) at a sponsor event. Mariam is of Lebanese heritage and is currently studying dentistry in Venezuela. She is truly a beauty with brains, a deadly combination with the most powerful sash in the business.
- Thailand’s Chalita Suansane is one of the most talked about delegates at this year’s pageant, be it her impeccable styling or her flawless body and exotic look. She is the best representative from Thailand in recent years.
Also Read: Top 10 in Miss Universe 2016 Swimsuit Show.
- Miss France Iris Mittenaere is not the most visible contestant this year but from whatever we have seen she seems to outshine other delegates in the pics.
- Host delegate Maxine Medina’s Achilles hill are her communication skills. If she somehow manages to conquer her only flaw, a back 2 back win for the Philippines is highly possible.
- Mexico’s Kristal Silva is one of the most complete packages. Kristal is, a Miss Earth alumni, doing well and might just give Mexico its 3rd Miss Universe crown provided that Miss Universe Org is comfortable crowning a former Miss Earth contestant.
- Brazil’s Raissa Santana is an unconventional beauty, her hairstyle and million dollar smile sets her apart from other contestants.
- Belgium’s Stephanie Geldhof looks like a Victoria Secrets model. In 1994 when Miss Universe took place in Manila, Miss Belgium was a heavy favorite to win the crown but she failed to make the first cut. We feel that Stephanie will redeem that snub this year.
Also Read: Seven Wonders of Miss Universe 2016.
- Sierra Leone’s debut delegate Hawa Kamara is proof that with the right team behind a delegate can make a huge impact. Hawa was one of the first delegates to arrive and has been groomed & styled by designers from the host country. Her unconventional looks and hairstyle make her stand out from others.
- Đặng Thị Lệ Hằng Of Vietnam has come out of nowhere to be part of our top 15. She is the ultimate spoiler of this batch. If she enters the top 15, she can go really far in the contest.
- Zoey Ivory of Netherlands is quietly working her way to the top 15 and she managed to stand out in 2 of the high profile events of the pageant.
- Italy’s Sophia Sergio is a girl that will be creating a lot of murmur among the pageant fans after the prelims. She did well during the swimsuit fashion show and one of the major sponsors being from her country it will make her ride to the top 15 easier.
- Turkey’s Tansu Sila Çakir is one of the best faces long side Ukraine & Philippines. She tends to look a bit introvert, we hope she opens up and enjoy the pageant.
Who is your favourite for the crown? Do tell us.