Bhairavi Burad of Nashik, India, has won the title of Miss TGPC 2016. This is the first edition of this unique pageant, which is first ever web-based international beauty pageant! In all, 13 beauties participated in this edition of the pageant.
The crowning of Bhairavi Burad was done in a very special way. Bhairavi was in Pune to audition in an event at Seasons Mall and Miss TGPC 2016 Team tricked her to visit Fashion Fundas office in Pune citing modelling assignment in Nashik as the excuse. She was then told that she has to do an interview as one of the Top 7 but little did she know that a huge surprise was waiting for her though.
Bhairavi Burad was crowned and sashed by Kamartaj Pathan, the owner of Fashion Fundas and also one of the sponsors of Miss TGPC 2016. (Video of Crowning coming soon on Facebook Page of Miss TGPC 2016)
As the winner of Miss TGPC 2016, Bhairavi Burad will enjoy the following prizes.
- Rs. 10000/- Cash sponsored by Sumit Fashion
- A wardrobe piece by Sumit Fashion
- A fashion designing course worth Rs. 40000/- by Fashion Fundas
- A pageant grooming and training course worth Rs. 40000/- by The Tiara institute
A gift hamper worth Rs. 5000/- by Bird in Blue.
- A tiara to the winner by Bird in Blue
- A Modelling Portfolio by Photo N Vogue
- Promotion on media outlets of The Great Pageant Community, Miss TGPC and Yellow Umbrella.
Also please note the following:
- World Supermodel India pageant will be selecting 2 girls, provided they clear screening round, from the Top 7 and give direct entry to the national finals next year. The revelation will be made soon.
- Pooja Sharma, the winner of Miss TGPC Elite title, gets direct entry as a contestant in Rubaru Miss India Elite 2016.
- Pooja Sharma, the winner of Miss Photogenic, will get a Modelling Portfolio by Photo N Vogue. Other subtitle winners will receive gifts from TGPC.
- A gift hamper worth Rs. 5000/- will be given to each of the Top 5, girls by Bird in Blue.
- A wardrobe piece to the Top 3 girls by Sumit Fashion
Here are the final placements.
|Winner||Bhairavi Burad||19||Nashik, India||Student|
|1st Runner-up||Pooja Sharma||25||Indore, India||Engineer|
|2nd Runner-up||Priyanka Bharti||24||Pune, India||Engineer|
|3rd Runner-up||Weenie Shayo||23||Arusha, Tanzania||Student|
|4th Runner-up||Chinkey Saini||21||Delhi, India||Student|
|5th Runner-up||Ananya Tripathi||18||Pune, India||Student|
|6th Runner-up||Supriya Chinchansure||24||Latur, India||Student|
Apart from the main title, many other titles were declared during the pageant.
|Miss TGPC Elite||Pooja Sharma|
|Miss Photogenic||Pooja Sharma|
|Miss Congeniality||Priyanka Bharti|
|Miss Personality||Weenie Shayo|
|Miss Transformation||Supriya Chinchansure|
|Miss Popularity||Srishti Pandey|
|Best in Live Chat||Chinkey Saini|
|Miss Catwalk||Bhairavi Burad|
The jury consisted of many reputed personalities; the details are as follows.
- Melvyn Dominic Noronha – Melvyn is a known name in Indian pageantry. He has designed numerous national costumes for Indian beauty queens, many of which have received international acclaim and “Best National Costume” recognition in international pageants. Apart from this, he is also a singer, artist, Fashion choreographer, motivational speaker and an IT engineer!
- Sally-Ann Fawcett – Sally-Ann is a former beauty queen and a lifelong pageant fan, as well as the author of two acclaimed books about the beauty queen world – Misdemeanours and More Misdemeanours. She has been fortunate enough to judge several national pageants, including Miss Wales, Miss Northern Ireland and Miss Great Britain, and is thrilled to be a judge for Miss TGPC 2016!
- Harshita Saxena – Harshita is a former Miss India titleholder. She had won Miss India Earth 2008 title and then later withdrew. She again participated in Femina Miss India 2009 and made it to the Top 5. She was chosen as Femina Miss India International 2009 and represented India at Miss International 2009. She is currently working as a model and is soon starting her own modelling agency along with Youtube channel.
- Rajkanya Baruah – Rajkanya is a popular model in India and the winner of Femina Miss India Kolkata 2016 title and besides, a very active group member of The Great Pageant Community even before winning Miss India.
- Shaine Soni – Shaine is a costume designer, stylist and director (operations) of Rubaru Miss India Elite 2016 pageant. As designer and stylist, she works with Film & TV personalities as well as beauty pageant contestants.
- Sudha Subramaniam Aggrawal – Sudha is the national director of World Supermodel India pageant. The winners of the pageant represent India at the coveted international modelling contest, World Supermodel pageant. Her other two brands, Bird in Blue and Yellow Umbrella are also the sponsors of Miss TGPC 2016.
The judges were asked to go through the full performance videos of all the 7 Finalists and submit their rankings based on overall performance in terms of beauty, presentation and personality. The following is the final leader-board based on rankings given by the judges.
We are deeply thankful to our sponsors for supporting us. This has been possible only because of their faith.
Thanks a lot for following Miss TGPC 2016. We look forward to more editions of this pageant in future. Until then!
More pictures of Bhairavi Burad from Crowning Ceremony
Follow Bhairavi Burad as Miss TGPC only on Miss TGPC FB Page