Well you must be thinking what happened to me suddenly that I am making such an irrelevant post of comparison between a Legendary Goddess who had enough time to prove herself VS a Queen of Personality who just won last year VS a toddler baby goddess who is still to complete her reign of Miss World. Well, to answer one and all, I am writing this post because I am seeing a lot of this on many forums and pageant portals. I thought let me do it without being judgemental on girl or biased towards country. Recently I also wrote Best Miss World of Past 10 years. Let me know if you liked it?
Special Note of Thanks: All those people who came up with a crap of ‘But Rolene should not be considered because she is yet to prove her reign as Miss World’ on my last post of Best Miss World of Past Decade, my answer would be ‘STFU’. How does it make any difference? Don’t you consider Oxana Fedorova as one of the most beautiful Miss Universe ever in spite of the fact she was dethroned? Then why not Rolene who completed longer reign than Oxana?
How I view these 3 girls?
I personally find them competing parallel to each other but in different tangent. I feel most of the people compare these girls on the basis of How Aishwarya is today with how Megan and Rolene are today. What people often forget is that you can compare an Apple with an Apple and an Orange with an Orange. So I took a bit of different perspective and did a little research to come up with an unbiased conclusion. I made a comparison between these girls on the basis of the time when they competed at Miss World in their respective Pageant. Let me take you through it:
1) Career before Pageant: Aishwarya was one of the noteable models and a known face in India before she joined Miss India. Megan had similar past as of Aishwarya as she was a well known actress but Rolene was a medical student. If we talk in terms of success before pageant or say celebrity status, it goes like Aishwarya > Megan > Rolene
2) Win at National Level: When Aishwarya participated, many of her rivals withdrew from the pageant because they thought that they had no chance of winning. However, Aishwarya came only 2nd to the eventual winner and Miss Universe 1994, Sushmita Sen. Many thought India lost it’s first Miss Universe crown but that didn’t happen anyway, in fact they got both Miss World and Miss Universe. In case of Megan and Rolene, both were extremely favoured to win however, Rolene won in 2nd attempt, first being in 2011, which keeps her behind Megan in terms of National win. So here it goes like Megan > Aishwarya > Rolene.
3) Fanbase: Do we even need a comparison? Obviously Megan had more of a fan base considering the nation she belongs to. However, she was favoured by many other international fans well. Many pageant website kept her as the winner on their prediction list. Aishwarya and Rolene had lesser fan base(still very huge) compared to Megan. It may also be noted that Aishwarya competed when they had no social media to connect to people where as the other two competed when they had a huge platform to make themselves visible across the globe with in a minute. So if I consider time factor, it should be Aishwarya > Megan > Rolene. But since we are considering it on a fair scale, it has to be Megan > Rolene > Aishwarya.
4) Sub-title at Miss World: When Aishwarya and Rolene both won one subtitle each, Rolene only managed to place as runners up in fast tracks. Aishwarya won Miss Photogenic and Megan won Top Model award. In my opinion, Photogenic is of more wieghtage than Top Model, hence my ranking would go like Aishwarya > Megan > Rolene.
5) Hot Favouritism at Miss World: If I am not mistaken, Aishwarya literally had no competition when she was competing. But that was more on beauty quotient, the only 2 girls that came nearest to Aishwarya’s hot favourite status were South Africa (due to local crowd) and Venezuela. Megan had little tough fight on this front because she was competing in one of the toughest years where she had girls from Brazil, Ghana, Spain, France, Australia etc to compete against. So her win received a mixed reaction (mostly positive though). Rolene on other hand followed Aishwarya’s foot path where she literally had no competition except from Miss India, who again lost the battle when she stood no where in interview round. In all fairness, I rate Rolene and Aishwarya equal here and hence Aishwarya & Rolene > Megan.
6) Personality: Personality wise I feel Aishwarya had a little lack where many people commented that she came across as a fake person. In fact, these comments haunted her even after her Miss World stint was over and she got settled as an actress in Bollywood. Megan and Rolene had comparatively genuine personality which got translated easily whenever they connected with people. However, Rolene was more of a smart baby and hence I prefer Rolene over other 2. Hence, my scale goes like Rolene > Megan > Aishwarya.
7) Finale Performance: Finale performance is something that determines whether the win of the girl would be accepted by public or not. All 3 girls’ win was accepted but the magnitude was different. When Aishwarya won, she was a major bet of all bookies and obviously the only contestant that was expected to take away the crown after her finale performance, Megan had little tough competition and her win wasn’t exactly determined based on her finale performance because other girls gave equally good answers. When it comes to Rolene, she was the one of the only 2 girls who showed maturity in their final question, another being USA. Rolene took it away too easily. The win of Rolene and Aishwarya were much more expected compared to Megan where it would not have made much difference had France, Brazil or Ghana be crowned as new Miss World then but the other 2 edition would have been controversies had they not won. So here the scale goes like, Aishwarya & Rolene > Megan.
So if I go with my scaling, it should be like Aishwarya > Rolene > Megan. However, this is just one approach. Perhaps Rolene & Megan may surpass Aish’s accomplishment in future. In any case all the three are exceptional beauties. It is like comparing three major religions. All of them are right and loved. Do let me know how well do you agree with my views?