Here are some of the minor observations that we usually tends to ignore. Do add your observations to ours, for repeat of similar things in 2 consecutive years of Miss Universe.
1) Both the years, the pageant was held in Puerto Rico.
2) Both the years, winners (Puerto Rico and Russia) wore white gown during final night.
1) Both the countries (Russia and Dominican Republic) won Miss Universe for the first time.
2) Both the years, previous year’s original winner countries candidates failed to place
Like, Puerto Rico won MU in 2001 but failed to place in 2002.similarly in 2002, Russia won MU but failed to place in 2003.
3) Both the years, winners (Russia and Dominican Republic) wore white gown during final night.
1) 4 gowns out of top 5 gowns were almost similar in colour. Like,
Australia (2004)-Serbia & Montenegro(2003)…both wore a bit greenish gown..
USA (2004)- South Africa (2003)…both wore sky blue gown..
Puerto Rico & Paraguay(2004) – Japan & Dominican Republic…all wore white gown..
NOTE– in 2003, Miss Japan changed her white evening gown during q & a portion.
2) Both the years, previous year’s originial winner country’s candidates failed to place
like, Russia won MU in 2002 but failed to place in 2003. similarly in 2003, Dominican Republic won MU but failed to place in 2004.
1) Both the years, previous year’s original winner country’s candidates failed to place like, Dominican Republic won MU in 2003 but failed to place in 2004. Similarly in 2004, Australia won MU but failed to place in 2005.
1) Both the years, the contestant who was wearing the black gown in the top 5,were declared as a 1st runners up. In 2005 Puerto Rico and in 2006 Japan both wore black gown, and both were declared as 1st runners up in their respective years.
1) Both the years, the country who were 1st runners up in the previous year were declared miss universe in next year.
in 2005 Puerto Rico was declared 1st runners up but in 2006 Puerto Rico won Miss Universe. Similarly, in 2006, Japan was declared as 1st runners up and won Miss universe in 2007.
2) Both the year USA finished fourth runners up..
1) Both the years, Miss USA fell down during evening segment.
1) Both the years, Miss Venezuela won Miss Universe pageant.
2) Both the years, crowns were changed.
1) Both the years, the winner wore red gown.
2) Both the years, 1st runners up of Miss Universe (Dominican republic in 2009 and Jamaica in 2010) were previously semi finalist at Miss World 2007.
Categories: Miss Universe