The following 12 things you probably never knew about Aishwariya Rai…
But here you go….!!!
1. Aishwarya’s first commercial was for Camlin pencils when she was only in standard IX.
2. As a young model, Aishwarya once had a close encounter with actress Rekha in a Mumbai grocery store. Rekha recognized Ash from her ads, tapped her on the shoulder and wished her all the best.
3. Aishwarya’s famous Pepsi ad co-starring Aamir Khan was shot in a single night during the Mumbai riots in 1992-93. Ash and Aamir are the only celebrities to have appeared in commercials for rival cola giants Coke and Pepsi.
4. Aishwarya’s favourite film is Casablanca, starring Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart.
5. She collects watches and hates jewellery!
6. A limited edition range of Barbie dolls inspired by Aishwarya was released in Britain in 2005. The dolls were sold out within minutes and are now considered collectibles.
7. Aishwarya was once rejected for a TV serial dubbing job before she became famous.
8. In 2005, Hugh Hefner tried and failed to create an Indian, no-nudity version of Playboy magazine featuring Aishwarya on the first cover.
9. Aishwarya and Aamir were invited to lunch with then US President George W Bush when he visited in India in 2006. Ash could not attend because she was filming Dhoom 2 in Brazil.
10. She once caused a day long traffic jam in Dubai where she was filming a soap commercial. Dubai’s roads were blocked with fans who wanted a glimpse of Ash.
11. A species of Tulips at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands was named after Aishwarya Rai.
12. Aishwariya is the first actress from Bollywood to have Wax mannequin in Madame Tusad Museum.