We are just one week away from knowing who win Miss Universe 2018, which is taking place in Bangkok, Thailand right now. From our sources, we have got a hint of the new format Miss Universe is planning to implement this year. The format follows sequence as below.
Miss Universe 2018: The New Format
- This time there shall be Top 20 instead of 16 girls.
- The continental format is expected to continue with Asia and Africa, Europe and America with 5 girls from each zone and 5 girls as wild cards from any zone, making a Top 20.
- The host, Steve Harvey will be asking each of the 20 girls a casual question which won’t be scored
- Each girl will get around 15 seconds to deliver an opening statement regarding what they want world to know about themselves.
- Based on this opening statement, Top 10 will be selected.
- The Top 10 will compete in Swimsuit+Evening Gown round and the combined scores shall determine the Top 5.
- The Top 5 will under go Question and Answer round. The questions will come from any of the other 94 girls in the competition.
- Top 3 will be undergoing a common Q&A round.
- The new Miss Universe will be crowned.
Do you like the new format? Do let us know.