A big milestone of Indian pageantry – Success of Miss Diva
2013 has been a monumental year for Indian pageantry. It started with the grand Femina Miss India pageant which was won by one of the most beautiful faces in recent years. The auditions for the same were done in many different cities. But the biggest milestone of Indian pageantry in our opinion was the institution of Miss Diva pageant.
Initially named as Indian Diva, the pageant was created specially to select Indian representative to the prestigious Miss Universe pageant. Although carried out on much smaller scale than the Miss India pageant, there were many things about Miss Diva which are worth appreciation.
- The pageant was small but the auditions were carried out in many cities.
- It was thought that most of the Miss India girls would be seen again, but that was not the case. There were many fresh faces too.
- The girls got proper training and grooming even though duration was short.
- Miss Digital Diva sub-contest encouraged the contestants to interact with their fans on social media, which is definitely something we enjoy.
- There was a proper swimsuit round during the final show.
- The final show was available on the internet, although not telecast-ed live.
- The pageant can boost of a really good set of Top 5 finalists. While Manasi Moghe, Gurleen Grewal and Jhataleka were really angelic faces, Shruti Tulli was full of sex appeal and Srishti Rana was a really good overall package.
- The competition seemed relatively genuine, since Manasi Moghe, who was not even a top 10 semi-finalist in Miss India earlier this year, was among the winners, placed above Srishti Rana who had done lot better in Miss India pageant. This shows that sincerity and learning of Manasi got appreciated without any bias.
- We opine that the set of Miss Diva winners is far superior to Miss India winners.
- Manasi is as pretty as Navneet, but also has a very good presence and better attitude which helped her succeed at Miss Universe. Yes, a top 10 placement at Miss Universe pageant is definitely success. She was impressive during the prelims and final show.
- Gurleen Grewal might not have placed at Miss International but did well at the pageant. She has a really good body and very good communication skills. Sobhita has best communication skills among all Indian girls this year, but she received flak from some for her attitude and body.
- Srishti Rana is easily the best girl this year along with Manasi Moghe. She is the winner of the Miss Asia-Pacific World contest and is highly appreciated for her attitude and humbleness. Zoya Afroz who finished third in Miss India pageant was surprisingly not sent to any international pageant, not even minor ones!
- The girls of Miss Diva did very well at their respective international pageants. They were given good wardrobe and were given the best possible grooming in the time they had.
- We are looking forward to see more of Jhataleka Malhotra in pageants this year. She is a great find. It is said that from this year the finalists (who failed to crack Top 3) of Miss Diva / Femina Miss India can return in Femina Miss India or Miss Diva pageant. It’s a good news!
- We think Miss Diva is fine the way it is. Perhaps there can be a more “logical number” contestants, i.e. 15 instead of 14. Improvement is possible in rounds of final show too. But overall it is still good and we have positive expectation from the same this year.
Kudos to Femina team for this wonderful feat called Miss Diva!