It was an event filled with glitz, glamour and nerds like us who run blogs. The unveiling party of Fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017 was attended by who’s who of blogging community alongside the reigning Fbb Femina Miss India 2016, Priyadarshini Chatterjee, Mr.World 2016, Rohit Khandelwal and Miss United Continents 2016 second runner-up, Lopamudra Raut. Natasha Grover played the perfect hostess with her funny one liners and infectious personality. The bloggers meet was a great initiative from Miss India Organisation as it was good to see so many bloggers under one roof and the organization opening up to a larger audience. We truly feel the change is coming to the Miss India pageant which pageant fans have been waiting for years to see.
Here are some of the things that stood out for us as pageant fans.
1) Pics don’t do justice to our girls. I mean they look good in pics but they look 1000 times better in person. Rohit, Lopamudra & Priyadarshini were so poised and composed all the time, no wonder they did so well internationally.
2) Fbb will be title sponsor for the pageant for the next 3 years and the auditions will take place in Fbb stores across India and will be open for common people to see the process. Colors has promised to them that they will take the Miss India pageant to every single city where the channel has their reach.
3) The Mentors are the best thing that could have had happened in Miss India org in a long time. These 4 ladies are level headed strong women who will groom the girls and make them world class beauties.
4) The new logo looks really good. Sometimes the lady in the logo looks like supermodel Amrit Maghera. The way names of all 29 states and Delhi is included in the logo is unique and adds an element of curiosity as everyone was searching for the name of their state after the unveiling was done.
5) Rohit Khandelwal told us about the struggle in being in the business where you have to make many sacrifices being a ‘marwadi’ as his parents had other expectations from him. Rohit said he wasn’t sure if he wanted to compete at Mr World as a year had already passed but Natasha convinced him and rest as they say is history.
6) Lopamudra Raut said that the English speaking girls were bullied by Spanish speaking ones at Miss United Continents but that event made her learn Spanish and she sang a Spanish song for us.
7) Another thing Lopamudra revealed was how she was pushed by one of the contestants back stage during the finale.
8) Priyadarshi is so poised and elegant like you can watch & hear her for days. Miss India Org yesterday was giving us some serious team work & friendship goals. It is so rare to see such unity under one roof at corporate houses these days.
9) Rohit shared a funny anecdote in a reply to a query if male beauty pageant winners apply make up ? So he was gracious enough to admit that he learnt to do his make up from hair to compacting and he was also given lessons in how to do eye make up and stuff.
10) Lopamudra quoted that she would like to represent India at some international pageant again and she will be willing to do if she gets an opportunity. Whereas Priyadarshini said she fulfilled her dream of representing India on a international stage and would like to explore other options.
Picture Credits: Femina Miss India