Janicel Lubina was one of the major crowd favourites at Binibining Pilipinas 2015 contest. She was expecte to win the contest and represent Philippines at Miss Universe 2015. However, she managed to finish 2nd to Pia Wurtzbach and hence she will now represent her country in Miss International 2015. Janicel was, before, a contestant of Miss World Philippines 2013 where she stood 2nd to Megan Young, who later won Miss World. She was also a part of few minor pageants before getting this opportunity to represent Philippines in Miss International. Consider such a huge experience and her extremely polished skills, I felt of analysing her chances as Miss International this year.
Analysis of Janicel Lubina for Miss International 2015 contest.
What may favour Janicel Lubina at Miss International 2015?
- Janicel Lubina was a hot favourite at her national pageants for a worthy reason. She had exquisite beauty that can do very well at pageants like Miss Universe, Miss World or say any other minor pageant. She can easily grab the attention mere on the basis of her beauty. Also, had she won the title of Binibining Pilipinas, I would have rated her as one of the most beautiful Miss Universe Philippines along with Shamcey Supsup. Her beauty will definitely stand out at Miss International pageant as well.
- Considering her vast pageant experience in past, I am expecting to see her competing very strong and shoulder to shoulder at Miss International.
- Janicel has extremely well toned body that can set the stage on fire. Her appearance in red swimsuit during Binibining Pilipinas was a killer one. If I had to rate her body, I would give her 10/10.
- Janicel is also one of the most well styled Miss Philippines in recent years, IMO. I always see her presenting herself extremely well. This girl knows where she wants to go and how she can go, hence she is clear about her goal. I am expecting a great wardrobe in her bag for the contest.
- Janicel is coming from a Sash Heavy country, Philippines. Philippines is a Venezuela of Miss International contest. It’s not much difficult for Philippines to stand out and place in the finale. She will also have a huge crowd supporting her on the finale which may act in her favour. With a proper amount of training, she would be a bang on.
What may go against Janicel Lubina at Miss International 2015?
- One of the major reasons I see Janicel not winning the crown of Miss International is that in 2013, Bea Rose won the title for Philippines. I am not sure whether the organisation is really ready to give the title too soon to Philippines again. Last year, Bianca Gudotti missed the finale in spite of being a crowd favourite.
- The other, minor, reason I see her missing the crown is that Miss International generally crowned white skinned girls. The trend has been so strong that they have been accused of being racist at times. Although, they did crown a dark-skinned girl last year, I am not sure if they still wish to repeat that or they will go back to the tradition. However, I don’t find this reason to be strong enough yet. Let’ see how things unfold in times to come.
Conclusion: I see her in Top 15 in worst scenario. She has potential to be one of the Top 5 placers. However, at the moment I don’t see her winning main crown due to the reasons in mentioned in my second part of arguments.
Courtesy: Binibining Pilipinas Website.