Miss USA 2015 Trivia Time !!
- Last 5 Title-holders were from states that never won before! (Oklahoma, Nevada, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maryland for Nana)
- In 1989, winner was Texas and 1st Runner-up Oklahoma. In 2015, winner is Oklahoma and 1st Runner-up is Texas!
- Olivia Jordan is Oklahoma’s first ever Miss USA winner!
- Olivia Jordan will be the first to represent the US at both Miss World and Miss Universe. She was a semi-finalist at Miss World 2013.
- Olivia is the second Boston University student named Olivia to win Miss USA. The other is of course Olivia Culpo who went on to win Miss Universe!
- Four of the last five Miss USA titleholders have competed in California! Alyssa Campanella (2011 winner), Nana Meriwether (2008 non-finalist and a runner-up from 2009-2011), Nia Sanchez (runner-up in 2010 and Top 20 from 2011-12) and Olivia Jordan was first runner-up in 2013.
- Three of this year’s Top 5 were same as 2012 – Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island.
- 2nd Runner-up Anea Garcia referenced her school in her final answer. St Mary’s Bay View has a long history of pageant success stories amongst their alumni – including Olivia Culpo, Miss USA 2007 1st Runner-up Danielle LaCourse.
- Alabama placed for 6th consecutive year, Maryland for 5th and Louisiana for 4th.
- Kentucky placed for first time since 2009, Hawaii since 2011 & Michigan since 2012.
- Thatiana Diaz (NY) and Emma Wo (Hawaii) were the only former Teens to make cut this year.
- Same “last 2 standing” results in Miss USA 2015 & Miss Teen USA 1986 – both winners were from Oklahoma – blonde beauties and both 1st Runner-ups were brunette hispanics from Texas!
- THE DELAWARE CURSE IS BROKEN! Renee Bull has made history as Delaware’s first Miss USA semi-finalist.
- First ever tie for Miss Congeniality! Miss Delaware Renee Bull shared the honours with Miss Alaska Kimberly Agron. Both were sunny yellow gowns which lead to #yellowisthecolourofjoy hast-tagging!
Categories: Miss USA