As per sources, the format of the Miss World 2016 finals will be as follows.
- Show begins with an opening number
- Announcement of the 5 fast-track events’ winners (Multimedia, BWAP, Sports, Talent, Top Model)
- Announcement of the Top 20 semi-finalists (5 fast-track winners and 15 semi-finalists based on interview scores)
- Evening gown competition for the Top 20 semi-finalists
- Announcement of the Top 10 finalists
- Announcement of People’s Choice Award winner; she joins the Top 10 (if already not part of it)
- Showcase of the profile videos of Top 10 (or Top 11) finalists
- Question-answers round for the Top 10 (or Top 11) finalists
- Announcement of the Top 5 finalists
- Top 5 finalists give answer to question, “Why do you want to be the new Miss World?”
- Announcement of the final results
Read More: Miss World 2016 Hotpicks
Please note that this information is not 100 % confirmed. We will know the actual format only in the finals, since Miss World Organization has not made any formal announcement in the matter till now.
If the format mentioned above is 100 % accurate, this is a great news. This format is much better than the format of the recent years. There is actual element of competition. The girls get more opportunities to talk on the stage. There can be more logic to the selection of Top 10 from Top 20 and Top 5 from Top 10. We applaud Miss World Organization for bringing positive changes after listening to viewers’ feedback.